He Knows Your Name | ZION INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN CENTERS

Sunday 6 May 2018

He Knows Your Name


But now, this is what the Lord says—he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name, you are mine." (Isaiah 43:1)
This is a verse I'd like to share with my friends. It would show them how much they matter to God. God's not just some mighty ruler who looks down at earth and sees a bunch of nameless people running around. He knows each one of us by name.
God knows our troubles and our happiness. He made each one of us special, and he wants to have a personal relationship with each of us.
When I think of God that way, I realize that he loves me and will never leave me. And best of all, I have God's promise that he called me to come to him so I can have eternal life.

Innovative Idea Contests What about You?
  1. How many people at your school do you know by name? How does it feel to have people call you by name? Why is it important that God knows us by name?
  2. Write out Isaiah 43:1, replacing "O Jacob" and "O Israel" with your name. How does your understanding of this verse change when you think God is talking directly to you?
  3. Praise God for creating you and loving you.

 

prayer

If you want to follow Jesus, you could say a prayer to God like the one below. If you've prayed the prayer we encourage you to click the "I have prayed the prayer" button.

Dear God,

I know I have done wrong in my life and I thank you that Jesus paid for my sin on the cross and rose from the dead to show His power over sin and death.
IP for Sale I know that I am one with the world, but I want to be one with Jesus. Help me to know that I am forgiven and help me to live for you each and every day.
I thank you that you are a loving union of three: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I thank you that all light and love and life is found in you. I thank you that you love me and have invited me into a relationship with you.

Amen



No comments :

Facebook Blogger Plugin by NewsFlashNaija

Post a Comment